About Freight Tiger And The Opportunity
Freight Tiger has built India's largest unified freight network, which combines offline with digital to build an intelligent ecosystem for the road freight industry. This is revolutionary for a supply chain that is traditionally fragmented, offline, and time-intensive. As India aims to bring down logistics costs from over 14% to under 10% of GDP, Freight Tiger is positioned to be at the forefront of this ambitious endeavour.
Have you ever wanted to lead the success of a cutting-edge product that will change the very nature of an industry? We are looking for a top-of-class Product & Growth Marketing Lead to fuel our growth as we scale rapidly. This role is for those who like an open canvas to do their best work; we love off-the-wall ideas and are waiting to let you run with them.
Freight Tiger uses unique technology to solve operational problems for all stakeholders in the supply chain, from large-scale producers to individual drivers. It is truly neutral, which is virtually unheard of in the logistics industry. This will give you the opportunity to strategize for a vast variety of customers across a diverse range of product offerings. If youve always wanted to push your creative limits, this is the place for you.
What we need from you: deal well with ambiguity, resilience and grit, passion to market and position B2B technology products, and most importantly, lots of drive. What you'll get in return: a seat at the table at a growth-stage tech start-up with a brilliant team and massive potential.
About The Role
We're looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer who will architect highly performant, reliable applications used by hundreds of external customers every day. You will work on projects that span technologies, systems, and processes where you will design, test, and ship great code every day. In this cross-functional role, you will collaborate with experts in infrastructure, design, and operations to build mission-critical internal and external features that power Freight Tiger to its users. We have a high bar for quality & efficiency - you will collaborate closely with Product Managers and Business Operations teams to build for scale and create solutions.
- Understand product requirements and features, keeping in mind the real-world problems that our customers face.
- Drive the architecture and design of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications, tools, systems and services using object-oriented design, distributed programming, react.js, vue.js & node.
- Gather business and functional requirements from external/internal customers and end-users, and translate requirements into technical specifications to build robust, scalable, supportable solutions that work well between a range of complex systems.
- Serve as technical lead throughout the entire development lifecycle, end-to-end, from scoping, planning, conception, design, implementation and testing, to documentation, delivery and maintenance.
- Provide design reviews for other engineers, including feedback on architecture and design issues and integration, performance, and scalability. Manage resources on multiple technical projects and ensure schedules, milestones, and priorities are compatible with technology and business goals.
- Design and implement well thought out services, systems, and solutions that are reliable, scalable and maintainable.
- Work in an agile/srum environment to deliver high-quality software. Break down complex projects/epics/stories into achievable tasks for developers.
- Participate and contribute to discussions and decisions for creating and improving architecture across applications and the software development processes.
- Oversee work by junior engineers and set proper guidelines on development methodologies.
- Be an approachable leader to mentor junior engineers and clarify their doubts.
- B.Tech in Computer Science/Engineering, Electronics & Communication or Electrical Engineering, with 4+ years of experience in software development using Front End technologies.
- Strong experience in leading and mentoring junior engineers on the technical front.
- Drive the architecture and design of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications, tools, systems and services using object-oriented design, node.js, react.js, redux.js, vue.js etc.
- Well versed with optimized HTML DOM, CSS3.
- Strong experience in developing highly scalable, fault-tolerant, distributed applications.
- Experience working with the AWS cloud platform.
- Must be open to experimenting with new technologies & enjoy working in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- We offer a competitive salary, equity, and a quality health insurance plan.