About Freight Tiger and the Opportunity
Freight Tiger has built India’s largest unified freight network, which combines offline with digital to build a modern operating system for the logistics industry. This is revolutionary for a supply chain that is traditionally fragmented, offline, and time-intensive. As India aims to bring down logistics costs from over 14% to under 10% of GDP, Freight Tiger is positioned to be at the forefront of this ambitious endeavour.
Freight Tiger’s malleable software enables a collaborative freight network, creating value for every stakeholder in the supply chain, from large-scale producers to individual drivers. It is truly neutral, which is virtually unheard of in the logistics industry. This will give you the opportunity to apply your financial acumen to creating profitability while addressing the needs of a vast variety of customers being served by a layered and complex solution.
What we need from you: the ability to deal well with ambiguity, have the foresight and think critically. If you’re resilient, love a challenge and have lots of drive, you’ll fit in well at Freight Tiger.
What you get in return: a seat at the table at a growth-stage tech startup with a brilliant team and massive potential.
Freight Tiger is backed by Lightspeed Venture Partners, Moonstone Investments, Shriram Transport Finance, Munjal Family Trust, Florintree Infra and Aroa Ventures.
Customers: Our 300+ customers include Saint Gobain, Dalmia Group, JSW Steel, ITC, DHL, MRF, and Pernod Ricard - many of India’s largest companies.
About the Role
- Responsible for managing our operations and our operations team at plant/remote locations.
- Take complete ownership for delivering on defined objectives for our operations team at plant/remote locations.
- Lead optimization and automation processes and work with multiple stakeholders to drive to fruition the changes/enhancements required.
- Analyze data regularly and deduce insights aligned towards the achievement of defined goals and objectives.
- Achieve operational excellence and optimal customer experience.
- Be the go-to person for customers and team members to solve all operational challenges.
- Engage with the customer on an on-going basis in coordination with other stakeholders and contribute to the account's growth.
- Own the operational issues and provide suggestions that could contribute to customer delight.
- Work with internal and external team members for driving strategic initiatives.
- Lead strategic projects, drive essential decisions to improve the experience and growth of our driver-partners.
- Identify areas of improvement and help with innovative new processes to keep teams as efficient as possible.
- Able to work with remote teams to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment.
- Work with internal stakeholders to clearly define the team's goals and drive and monitor them to meet these goals.
- Setting up mechanisms to monitor team performance.
- Experience in operations/ managing special projects in operations space with customer-facing exposure is preferred.
- 4+ years of work experience in start-ups and the logistics industry preferred.
- Bachelor's degree is a must; MBA is a plus.
- Proactive in nature, you take the first initiative as an opportunity arises.
- Exceptional Analytical, problem-solving, Excel and data management skills.
- Ability to manage new strategic projects where you can’t rely on pre-existing structures and project scope.
- Conceptual Mindset: Data-driven mentality and strong business foresight and judgement. Able to roll up your sleeves and analyze the data and pull key insights for your team.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, eager to learn and adapt to a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and perform effectively under pressure.
- Ability to lead and manage a team.
- Ability to interact across levels with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to prepare well-structured presentations.
- Ability to work through ambiguity.
- Ability to analyze issues and find solutions.
- Ability to come up with insights in line with overall goals.
- Ability to train/set up effective training programs and define processes.
Freight Tiger is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. We offer a competitive salary, equity, and a quality health insurance plan.