About Freight Tiger and the Opportunity
Freight Tiger has built India’s largest unified freight network, which combines offline with digital to build a modern operating system for the logistics industry. This is revolutionary for a supply chain that is traditionally fragmented, offline, and time-intensive. As India aims to bring down logistics costs from over 14% to under 10% of GDP, Freight Tiger is positioned to be at the forefront of this ambitious endeavour.
Freight Tiger’s malleable software enables a collaborative freight network, creating value for every stakeholder in the supply chain, from large-scale producers to individual drivers. It is truly neutral, which is virtually unheard of in the logistics industry. This will give you the opportunity to apply your financial acumen to creating profitability while addressing the needs of a vast variety of customers being served by a layered and complex solution.
What we need from you: the ability to deal well with ambiguity, have foresight and think critically. If you’re resilient, love a challenge and have lots of drive, you’ll fit in well at Freight Tiger.
What you get in return: a seat at the table at a growth-stage tech startup with a brilliant team and massive potential.
Freight Tiger is backed by Lightspeed Venture Partners, Moonstone Investments, Shriram Transport Finance, Munjal Family Trust, Florintree Infra and Aroa Ventures.
Customers: Our 300+ customers include Saint Gobain, Dalmia Group, JSW Steel, ITC, DHL, MRF, and Pernod Ricard - many of India’s largest companies.
Job Role & Responsibilities:
Freight Tiger is growing exponentially, and we are looking for a Demand/Sales Manager. This role will report into our Director - Sales and evolve around building a fast-growing function within the company.
We’re looking at an outcome-oriented manager who is able to create value for our customers, thrive in a team environment, and display an entrepreneurial spirit. The ownership of the company vision & targets lies with you and you will be responsible for Acquisitions of LSP, growing our partnership ecosystem, improving our solutions for the market, and ultimately delivering new revenue & product growth across the platform.
As a manager of this function, you will work on onboarding new LSP and allow them to derive the maximum benefit out of Freight Tiger’s product offerings and help them operate their business smoothly.
- As a Demand Manger, you will act as part of a Freight Tiger’s Sales team
- Your mission will be to apply pipeline generation skills to identify and acquire New LSP in you assigned region to help grow and develop Freight Tiger’s presence in India.
- Use deep business insight and market knowledge to play a critical role in bringing new customers/demand.
- You will be the first contact point for any new leads. Effectively, also the face of the company. So excellent written and spoken communication skills are a must.
- You will carry a quota and we expect you to hit quota as often as possible.
- Act as a bridge between fleet owners and the product team when it comes to feedback.
- Take ownership of your pipeline and constantly innovate.
- Establish and maintain positive business and customer relationships.
- Collaborate within team members and other departments.
- Generate reports on operations, target achievements, issues to the management.
- Prior experience is team handling is must
- Graduate with at-least 5+ years of experience in Sales, Business Development or Growth Management experience.
- A resolute mindset that is excited about a fast-paced team environment.
- A history of customer-centricity which consists of exceeding KPIs, revenue targets, and company goals.
- Supply Chain Solutions, Logistics, Telematics, Consulting and domain expertise will be a great advantage / B2B, SAAS customer experience.
- Excellent use of insights and reliability around data-driven decision making.
- Impeccable organization, project management, time management skills, and the ability to take initiatives.
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in logistics
- Excellent selling, communication and negotiation skills.
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs.
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback.
- Familiarity with CRM practices.