About Freight Tiger and the Opportunity:
Freight Tiger has built India’s largest unified freight network, which combines offline with digital to build a modern operating system for the logistics industry. This is revolutionary for a supply chain that is traditionally fragmented, offline, and time-intensive. As India aims to bring down logistics costs from over 14% to under 10% of GDP, Freight Tiger is positioned to be at the forefront of this ambitious endeavour.
Freight Tiger’s malleable software enables a collaborative freight network, creating value for every stakeholder in the supply chain, from large-scale producers to individual drivers. It is truly neutral, which is virtually unheard of in the logistics industry. This will give you the opportunity to apply your financial acumen to creating profitability while addressing the needs of a vast variety of customers being served by a layered and complex solution.
What we need from you: the ability to deal well with ambiguity, have the foresight and think critically. If you’re resilient, love a challenge and have lots of drive, you’ll fit in well at Freight Tiger.
What you get in return: a seat at the table at a growth-stage tech startup with a brilliant team and massive potential.
Freight Tiger is backed by Lightspeed Venture Partners, Moonstone Investments, Shriram Transport Finance, Munjal Family Trust, Florintree Infra and Aroa Ventures.
Customers: Our 300+ customers include Saint Gobain, Dalmia Group, JSW Steel, ITC, DHL, MRF, and Pernod
Ricard - many of India’s largest companies.
● Lead the finance and accounts teams
● Assist in development and management of annual and multi-year budgets that are adequate for the organization’s needs including preparation of periodic budget forecasts
● Prepare and maintain cash flow analyses as needed
● Preparation of MIS and analyse monthly statements and effectively convey analysis to staff as requested.
● Assist in preparing quarter- end and year-end books.
● Lead the annual Statutory and Tax Audit.
● Ensuring timely revenue recognitions in the books as per the commercial closure
● Ensure operational compliance with policies, procedures and regulations.
● Ensure timely payments to all the creditors
● Timely closure of month end activities wrt revenue and costs
● Monitor working capital utilization and timely reporting to the management.
● Assist in processing payroll and taxes through close coordination with the external outsourced partner and the HR team
● Developing scalable processes that help support the growing business.
● Plan and help automating the processes to support scalability.
● Preparation of Financial Statements
● Handling Statutory Audit
● GST returns & compliance
● Income Tax returns & assessments
● CA qualified with 5+ years of experience.
● Must have team handling experience