Who we are
We make receipts paperless. Changing the way people and companies think about receipt and contactless solutions is what drives us. With offices in New York City and London, e.pop is an early-stage venture capital-backed FinTech with a strong purpose around sustainability. We are on a mission to digitize and aggregate transaction information for both merchants and consumers, respecting data privacy, and to help the world become more sustainable and efficient.
Since our founding in 2020, we have been developing applications and a connectivity network that enables consumers to keep track of their spending with detailed itemization and a strong emphasis on user privacy. Our offering enables merchants to provide a truly contactless experience, eliminating paper waste and providing targeted offers to increase sales. e.pop digitally connects merchants to customers, raising awareness of eco-friendly brands and sharing their sustainability stories.
Now is an exciting time to join the team! We are focused on onboarding dynamic, energetic individuals who will have an opportunity to contribute at the early stages of our journey and be part of our growth. Join us on our mission and work with a team that have had successful exits in the past and is aligned to making a positive environmental impact, applying technology to disrupt the fintech, retail and payments space.
What we're looking for
e.pop is currently seeking a Full Stack Engineer who can help with our mobile application and/or cross-APIs connectivity projects -someone to drive the technical development and subsequent launch of our products. We are looking for a versatile and logically minded individual who is incredibly detail oriented. As a go-getter, you are excited by the challenge of working in a start-up environment and collaborating with teams around the world. You are a self-starter who takes full ownership of and pride in your work. You are results-oriented, with a strong sense of purpose and high integrity.
To be successful in this role, you should have a thirst for learning and have a natural desire to apply new technologies to disrupt for good. As a part of a small team, every contribution you make is impactful and we will empower you to develop and maintain new features critical to our success. Ultimately, you’ll help us deliver our product offering, have an opportunity to execute on our company’s vision and participate significantly in the growth of e.pop as we disrupt across the purchase lifecycle.
What technologies you will work with
Our technology stack is continuously evolving and currently include:
- React and Node.js for our web applications
- React Native to build our cross-platform customer mobile application
- Rust and Node.js for our backend, our public APIs and for various cross-connectivity components within the fintech ecosystem
- AWS for most of our infrastructure, leveraging multiple technologies such as Docker on ECS/EC2, Amplify, SQS, SNS, RDS and S3
- AWS CloudFormation and Bitbucket technologies for our development and DEVOPS infrastructure
- Visual Studio Code containers, Docker and Expo for our developer environment
- Work closely with the product team on ideation and product design
- Participate in the design of both client-side and server-side architecture
- Develop clean, testable code following best practices while keeping in mind scalability and security considerations
- Use your experience with APIs, microservices, containers, web technologies to deliver exceptional user experiences
- Help optimize ETL processes and the value we create for our customers and partners through data
- Collaborate across functions, to better understand the needs and goals of customers
- Help refine our development processes through continuously offering feedback
- Communicate - be constructive and confident in sharing your opinions to solving problems with a team approach
- 2+ years professional experience as a developer that has worked across front and back-end to deliver great solutions
- Previously a Full Stack Engineer/Developer or similar role within a Technology, Engineering or Development team
- Strong experience with Rust
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure
- Prior experience in a start-up / start-up style environment
- Comfortable with ambiguity and fast-paced, high-change environments
- Team spirit and good communication abilities
- Good organizational skills
- A self-starter capable of driving projects independently and with a sense of urgency
- Experience within E-commerce, Fintech or Digital Retail highly desirable
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United Kingdom or United States on a full-time basis now and in the future
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Hybrid or remote working from the US or UK
- Performance-based bonus
- Exposure to founders daily
- Other benefits will be discussed during the interview process