👉🏻This is a senior role within our company, with a direct path to becoming Chief Revenue Officer.
Did you know that 90% of everything on the news is driven by fear or negativity? At Goodable, we’re solving the world’s biggest problem right at the source. Goodable is a 24/7 news platform designed to help users live a happier, healthier life. We do it through machine learning that discovers good news anywhere in the world, then delivers it to you in a personalized newsfeed that designed to improve your mental health. We're a VC-backed startup founded by a former CNN Warzone Correspondent with a huge TAM, a great team, and amazing investors, including one of the biggest names in Hollywood. We currently exist as an app and a live subscription platform that we expect will be in tens of thousands of venues by the end of this year. When we're successful, we're going to help a billion people live happier and healthier lives.
About the Role
You will play an instrumental role in shaping the growth of company, helping us scale to thousands of customers and millions of users. We have an ambitious goal and direct line of sight to $1M in ARR within the next 8-12 months, backed by a small but powerful team. Our MVP is already launched and we currently reach a total audience of 80M+ per month. Our fanbase includes several world leaders, athletes, and celebrities, many of whom already rely on us everyday. Here's a small example:
💡 "Goodable and coffee are 99% of the reason I wake up in the morning"
💡 "You are the break I need from endless doomscrolling"
💡 "Goodable is my happy place."
Reporting directly to the CEO, you will identify and develop new business opportunities across all of our products, working closely as part of the leadership team with ownership of the entire BD and Sales process. This includes sourcing and leading all sales, developing a short and medium term revenue growth strategy, and quickly iterating on what is working and what isn’t.
More importantly, we’re in the business of helping people live healthier lives, so you’ll sleep at night knowing you’re making a real difference in the world. ****If this sounds interesting and you want to join a company with a strong social purpose, we’d love to hear from you today!
NOTE: We’re based in Toronto, Canada. We’d love it if you’re based here, but if not, we’d need you to overlap most of your working hours with ours.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities.
- Propose, develop, and execute strategic revenue-generating partnerships.
- Build relationships with customers, suppliers, distributors, partners, and vendors.
- Manage key client relationships and works to build new ones.
- Evaluate existing partnerships and sales efforts with an eye toward building on what works and changing what doesn’t.
- Take ownership of all licensing deals, including negotiating contracts, terms, and offerings
- Expand the profile and reach of the company and its products.
- Research and identify new market opportunities , then come up with strategic execution plans that gain market share.
- Foster and work to maintain an entrepreneurial growth culture throughout the company and across all teams and work functions.
- Identify and recommend new product lines, subscription streams, and services.
- Helps to shape the company’s long-term objectives and determine plans for how to meet them.
- As we grow, recruit and manage additional sales hires
- Come up with ways to help us make the world a better place. We're serious about this.
- A desire to make the world better
- 3+ years of experience in Business Development, Sales, or Partnerships
- Proven track record of generating revenue
- Proven track record of identifying new revenue opportunities
- Familiarity with brand partnerships
- Strong communication skills
- A track record of taking a product from 0 to 1, and then 1 to 100 (technically we’re already at 1, so we’d love it if you could take us from 1 to 100).
- Proven record of showing initiative, taking ownership, and working independently without being told what to do.
- Previous startup experience or experience scaling revenue streams at an early-stage company
- Proven ability to lead a distributed team
- Previous experience in launching a product and taking it from 1 to 100 and beyond
- Familiarity with news, content, health, wellness, media, or video
- Ability to communicate clearly regardless of the audience. Comfortable engaging with anyone from customers to CEO’s to anyone else
Why You Should Join Us
- We’re a mission-driven company that is hell-bent on making a positive impact on the world. You’ll sleep better at night knowing you are helping save lives. To read more, check out this feature Forbes wrote about us.
- We’re a VC-backed startup founded by a 2x Emmy/SAJA nominated Warzone Correspondent (CNN, ABC, CBC) and an impressive roster of investors, including one of the biggest names in Hollywood. Check out our origin story.
- We're well funded with enough runway for well into 2023 and beyond.
- We have a positive, supportive internal culture where we'll let you play a defining role right from Day One.
- Very flexible work hours and location. Prefer to work at midnight? Go for it. Want to take a break to pick up the kids from school? Please do. We care about work-life balance and it’s reflected in everything we do.
- Paid mental health and/or counseling should you ever want it. This is a no questions asked policy and your health is important to us.
How to Apply
Get in touch at: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Head of BD" in the subject line.
- Why you’re interested in this role
- What was the most impressive project you’ve done
- Your resume or LinkedIn profile
- Bonus points if you include at least one way Goodable can generate even more scalable revenue over the next twelve months.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? We encourage you to apply anyway. Some of our best hires and relationships have come through people who have cold emailed us. We look forward to hearing from you!