👉🏻This is a senior leadership role within our company, with a direct path to becoming Head of Product
Did you know that 90% of everything on the news is driven by fear or negativity? At Goodable, we’re solving the world’s biggest problem right at the source. We’re building a 24/7 news platform designed to help users live a happier, healthier life. We do it through machine learning that discovers good news anywhere in the world, then optimizes it to improve your mental health. We're a VC-backed startup founded by a former CNN Warzone Correspondent with a huge TAM, a great team, and amazing investors, including one of the biggest names in Hollywood. We currently exist as an app and a live subscription platform that we expect will be in tens of thousands of venues by the end of this year. When we're successful, we're going to help a billion people live happier and healthier lives.
About the Role
You will play an instrumental role in shaping the future of our company and help us scale to millions of users. Our MVP is already launched and we currently reach a total audience of 80M+ per month. Our fanbase includes several world leaders, athletes, and celebrities, many of whom already rely on us everyday. Here's a small example:
💡 "Goodable and coffee are 99% of the reason I wake up in the morning"
💡 "You are the break I need from endless doomscrolling"
💡 "Goodable is my happy place."
Reporting directly to the CEO and CTO, you will be hands-on in everything that we do, from deciding what features we build, to harnessing user data to identify new opportunities for growth, to helping us connect with users in fresh and creative ways. More importantly, we’re in the business of helping people live healthier lives, so you’ll sleep at night knowing you made a real difference in the world. ****If this sounds interesting and you want to join a company with a strong social purpose, we’d love to hear from you today!
NOTE: We’re based in Toronto, Canada. We’d love it if you’re based here, but if not, we’d need you to overlap most of your working hours with ours.
💪🏻 Ownership: Develop the processes, workflow, and alignment to skillfully execute our current roadmap and develop future priorities based on company strategies and goals.
📈 Growth: Grow users and revenue across all Goodable products, which currently include our app, live subscription platform, newsletter, and social media.
🧠 Understanding: Develop a deep understanding of our industry, users, and target customer base, including identifying new revenue streams and iterating on existing ones.
🔍 Research: Work individually and as part of a team (Sales, Engineering, Editorial) in order to clearly articulate our users pain points, challenges, and needs, then create solutions that help solve their problems.
👫 Collaboration: Work cross-functionally in a small team environment (Engineering, Sales, Product, and Editorial) to do whatever help us achieve our next milestones.
🗣 Communication: Improve our execution which could include: improving workflows, communicating ideas clearly and effectively to gain consensus, and identify new revenue opportunities for the company in both short and medium term.
👩🏼🏫 Mentorship: As we grow, you will be recruiting, mentoring and leading other product hires, and may be involved in hiring for other key roles as well.
🚀 Dream: Come up with ways to help us make the world a better place. We're serious about this.
- A desire to make the world better
- 5+ years of experience as a product leader, preferably within mental health, wellness, news, or media
- Strong communication skills
- A track record of taking a product from 0 to 1, and then 1 to 100 (technically we’re already at 1, so we’d love it if you could take us from 1 to 100).
- Proven record of showing initiative, taking ownership, and working independently without being told what to do.
- Ability to deliver delightful product experiences that grow revenue
- A proven ability to adapt and iterate quickly based on market trends or patterns
- Previous startup experience or experience scaling a product at a major, fast-growing tech company
- Proven ability to lead a distributed team
- Previous experience in launching a product and taking it from 1 to 100 and beyond
- Familiarity with news, content, video, or health and wellness apps
- Ability to communicate clearly regardless of the audience. Comfortable engaging with anyone from non-technical colleagues to other technical engineers
Why You Should Join Us
- We’re a mission-driven company that is hell-bent on making a positive impact on the world. You’ll sleep better at night knowing you are helping save lives. To read more, check out this feature Forbes wrote about us.
- We’re a VC-backed startup founded by a 2x Emmy/SAJA nominated Warzone Correspondent (CNN, ABC, CBC) and an impressive roster of investors, including one of the biggest names in Hollywood. Check out our origin story.
- We're well funded with enough runway for well into 2023 and beyond.
- We have a positive, supportive internal culture where we'll let you play a defining role right from Day One.
- Very flexible work hours and location. Prefer to work at midnight? Go for it. Want to take a break to pick up the kids from school? Please do. We care about work-life balance and it’s reflected in everything we do.
- Paid mental health and/or counseling should you ever want it. This is a no questions asked policy and your health is important to us.
How to Apply
Get in touch at: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Product Lead" in the subject line.
- Why you’re interested in this role
- What was the most impressive project you’ve done
- Your resume or LinkedIn profile
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? We encourage you to apply anyway. Some of our best hires and relationships have come through people who have cold emailed us. We look forward to hearing from you!