Function: Software Engineering → Backend Development, Engineering Management
We are looking to hire a Director of Engineering to lead Engineering on our SAAS products. This role will report into our VP of Engineering. This role would involve designing, building and delivering software products for our enterprise clients, leveraging the latest developments in cloud hosted micro services, data warehousing, AI & ML. The focus of this role would also be on attracting the best talent, setting longer term technical vision and creating a culture of quality and continuous improvement.
- Own the engineering function for Freight Tiger's SAAS product suite.
- Oversee all software development activity - manage tasks, milestones, and dependencies across multiple concurrent projects.
- Lead a team of Engineering Managers, Principal Engineers and top notch engineers to own, drive and deliver critical parts of the product.
- Show strong business and technical judgment that will accelerate time to market of releases, while incrementally moving the product towards the long-term vision.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (Product Mgmt, Business, Sales etc) to improve product capabilities and services.
- Provide technology leadership and create a collaborative working environment.
- Ensure implementation of formal best practices and standards for software development.
- Play an active role in hiring, training, mentoring, and motivating a world-class engineering talent pool.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities and negotiate the best possible outcomes for the organisation.
- 5+ years of experience directly managing teams of Software Engineers.
- 12+ years of hands-on software development experience.
- Deep experience in building enterprise software solutions.
- A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects and bringing in and growing engineering talent.
- Proficiency in languages such as PHP, NodeJS, Java, Golang, Scala.
- Familiarity with database technologies like MySQL, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, MongoDB, Kafka.
- SAP & Integration experience a bonus.
- Highly analytical with the ability to think first principles. Has excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to make quick decisions based on business needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences.
About Freight Tiger
Freight Tiger is building SaaS platforms-marketplaces for the $130 Billion logistics industry in India. We are super-stoked to create solutions, technology and services that positively impact the lives of everyone from shippers to transporters to drivers.
The Indian Logistics industry doesn't need a revolution. It already manages millions of transactions a day and quite well. It needs an enabler. We're building technology tools and a transparent platform that will enable stakeholders such as truck owners, brokers and logistics companies to make transactions simple, efficient and transparent.
Why Explore a Career at Freight Tiger
The crew here come from some amazing places like Microsoft, Intuit, Caterpillar, SAP, Yahoo, Amazon, Infosys and Housing. We're also funded by one of Asia's largest transportation-finance companies and prominent executives from tech and private equity!
Freight Tiger Interview Process
Online Assessment + 3 Technical Rounds + 1 HR Round
Founded in 2015 • 200 - 500 employees • Headquartered in Mumbai